Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hob Knob

The final touch to our kitchen came with anthropology knobs! We owe our knob collection to inefficiency of the Anthropology Wish List. I have nothing against the anthropology Wish List, (I keep mine current just in case someone gets inspired to buy me things). I created one for our wedding and because the wish list doesn't delete items already purchased we received doubles and triples of items. I believe I got 3 Fleur Di Lis tea pots. So I kept one and returned all the extra items and bought knobs. I was like a kid in the candy store buying a few of my favorite things. 











Since I couldn't make up my mind I got the round hand made glass knobs for the uppers. And the green multi-colored pulls for the drawers. 


David created a template so each of the knobs would be in the exact same spot. 

 Then he punched a hole through and marked the spot to make the hole.
He drilled away and installed each knob very carefully. 


 Once they were all in he had to use a dremmel tool to cut off the excess ends. The metal on metal created sparks.  


 He then cleaned up the sawdust and metal shavings. 


The final product! I love them! 





 The knobs bring a whole new feel to the kitchen. Our cabinets have also stayed cleaner since we are not touching them constantly. I plan to take knobs with me when we move. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog