Saturday, July 26, 2014

Newly Stained Patio





We weren't really thinking of staining our deck - mostly I have been sick of painting. I don't know why painting is such a love hate thing for me. I love colors and the idea of making something new with paint but to be honest I am not a very good painter. I am impatient and hasty and sometimes I don't even tape - I just wing it. Needless to say we have some touching up to do all throughout the house. Sorry hub I just wanted it done. 
But then I got inspired by a new favorite blog withheart.com  She did the most amazing transformation on her deck using colored stain. Well I want that - I thought. And so began to research paint stains. It was during a rare evening of TV watching when a Home Depot commercial came on for Behr All Over Deck Paint. We had one of those silent moments where we looked at each other and both said "yes." But alas the dream was put on hold for times sake -perhaps we can get it done in the beginning of August... Until to our amazing surprise a good friend of our asked us if he could help us with something around the house. We suggested that we we would like the deck painted and he agreed. We purchased that Behr Deck Over paint in Drift Grey and left for the weekend. When we returned it was done. I am amazed by friends with big hearts. I don't think anyone has given me such an amazing gift - the gift of time. Because during that weekend hub and I got to relax and connect. So for future gift givers don't spend money on me give me time.

Before
Before

 After






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog