Friday, March 13, 2015

Master Bedroom: Before and After


   



I am not gonna lie ....when we looked at our place for the first time I was immediately turned off by the garden level bedrooms. I mean I was turned off by a lot of things (popcorn ceiling, pee stain carpet, LINOLEUM!...just to name a few things). But I believe it was our discussion over that downstairs bedroom that inspired the renovation in the first place. I recall hmming and hawing over that downstairs bedroom when hub handed me pinterest and said "look...I could do this"...It was a picture from young house love -a bedroom with floor to ceiling curtains and a chandelier. He took back the phone and said or this...more pictures from Eye Candy: 10 Basement Bedrooms You'd Actually Want Sleep In! After a quick scroll I became intrigued - tell me more I said. And so the dreaming began in the bedroom. We can do bead board on the ledge wall, do hardwood floors, add a chandelier, and replace every door in the house. We both agreed we wanted matte walls and mirrors to make the room feel taller and a soft carpet just for our feet. The ledge would have to be painted and tall white trim installed everywhere! But first my hub told me we would have to scrape the popcorn ceiling right off. I had no idea he could...WE could... do all those things. And so we bought Belmar because of those bedrooms. Just because of a little pinterest inspiration.

And so we scraped the ceilings, mudded and sanded the drywall, pulled up the carpet, painted the walls and the ledge, installed hardwood, installed bead board then trim, ripped out closet doors (we lived with out them for almost a year), bought all our furniture from craigslist or thrift stores, painted again, put up a chandelier, bought more throw pillows, paid a handy man to install closet doors (we were over it), bought a new bed with memory foam and took a nap. Take a look at the before and after transformation. 


  

after










Products:
Wall Color - Silver Fox Benjamin Moore
Chevron Throw Pillows - Crate and Barrel 
Flooring - 8 inch Hand scraped Acacia wood in Golden Teak Lumber Liquidators 
Trim/beadboard - Bavarian Creme in Satin finish - Benjamin Moore 
Curtains - TJ Maxx cut to size 



1 comment:

  1. It’s a job well done – looks great. Congratulations. Love the colour scheme. We’ve recently remodelled our kitchen and bathroom and there’s not enough money for the master bedroom just yet. We’ve decided to make do with getting in a professional carpet cleaning service and some new bedding for now. I hope we can get started on the remodelling toward the end of the year though.

    Lucy Andrews @ Safeclean Westminster

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog