Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Memorable Chandelier



When we got engaged David planned an elaborate scheme of lies that included a horseback ride to a place that brought us together. During the horseback ride we came to a spot in the woods we call Narnia. There he had set up a chandelier and a bistro table. It was at that spot that he asked me to marry him. My first response was "are you serious?" and when I finally realized what was happening I of course said "yes!" In preparation David had hunted for a chandelier that would fit my style. He of course is very good at picking out things I like. He told me then that one day we could hang the chandelier in a house of our own.


Well now we are in it...a house of our own. At first we decided we decided to hang the chandelier over the dining table. It needed to be converted into a usable light fixture but, given all of our other projects, this did not happen. When David and I received the Indian lamp from my sister, see post DIY Light Fixture, we decided to change the plan. 


First we determined that the chandy would me moved to our bedroom and we would use flameless candles on a timer to bring a little romantic mood lighting.  



This was very simple process....first we measured and found the perfect centered location. Then we installed a hook. Last we shortened the chain and hung the lantern. We turned on the candles for that final touch then laid down, and enjoyed the fruits of our labor.
 

I finally understand why people crave a bedroom oasis. We can now escape to our bedroom and relax. Everything in our bedroom is soft and comfortable. We love to lounge in bed and enjoy looking at the flat ceiling and the glowing chandelier. If only it could happen more often...



Our bedroom setup is far from designer, nor overly costly. With some hunting, creativity and generous wedding gifts we created a luxurious space worth relaxing into.

Duvet Cover - Macys
Mirror - TJ Maxx (thanks Mom!)
Chevron Pillows - Crate and Barrel (thanks Caitlin)
Chandelier - Thrift store find
Matching mercury glass lamps - Macys
Shortened Blankout Curtains - Tailored Hand me downs
Crocheted Blanket - Hand made (thanks Carolyn!)
Night stands - Thrift store find
Ottoman Storage - Hand me down
Lantern - TJ Maxx (thanks Amanda!)
Rug - Macys


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog