Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cabinets: Plans, Demo, Prime, Moving things around and more...


Oh our kitchen cabinets... 
They are dark brown, no hardware, poorly designed, small drawers, and the most haneous of all cabinet sins THEY HAVE NO TRIM! Oh my this will not do. My shabby chic love of embellishments must be attended to. As I mentioned in a previous post, we investigated buying new cabinets (that would have blown the budge). Then we investigated building our own, a cheaper option but aint nobody got time for that. Given the nature of our reno everything seemed to rely on something else being done first, like dominoes. We just couldn't put things on hold until cabinets were finished. We wouldn't have moved in till December. Henceforth, we determined that we would keep the current cabinets...paint them...add trim to doors...add hardware ourselves...add crown moulding...replace our peninsula with a lazy suzy...add under cabinet lighting...and eventually add top cabinets to make the kitchen go all the way ceiling. So here we go...

Old Haneous Kitchen 


So we started by taking off all the doors then I wiped them down with an amonia water mix (beware don't smell straight amonia it could  make you almost vom bomb)

Then I primed them (took 2 hours ahhhhhh)

I didn't forget the insides 

Then I primed the new peninsula cabinets 

Hannah helped prime the drawers 

Yay more prime

Thanks Neighbor 

I taped off the window and used a sprayer to coat cabinets in Bavarian Creme mmmmm

Here is me in action 
Sometime before I finished spraying the men removed the old peninsula 


And found a stock pile of broccoli (GROSSS!)
Then the men installed the new peninsula. We now have more storage and more room next to the range YAY!

At this point we had to take a pause and wait for the rest of the house to get finished. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog