Saturday, January 25, 2014

A well deserved break


LEAVE A MESSAGE WE ARE SKIING...

We took a break from house projects to ski the fresh pow! Sometimes it good to forget about our long to-do list of house projects and have fun. But lately in order to fully let go of those lists we have to get out of town. Our favorite winter time activity is to drive to the mountains and ski (well I snowboard).  


I love driving through the tunnel on I-70, when you get to the other side it feels like you have entered a whole new universe. Breckenridge is like a year round Christmas town and home to my most favorite treat Giampetros Pizza. This year I have finally retired my extra large helmet and got a used new one! I didn't realize my too big helmet made me look like a mushroom head.  I have also finally felt confident enough to retire the right wrist brace. I no longer semi cringe thinking about a day of snowboarding. I can rage down blacks and just almost keep up with David on skis. Maybe next year I will be ready for the half-pipe. Or maybe not...in my adult hood I have developed a healthy fear of pain and trees. That fear will hopefully keep me skiing all season long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog