Friday, January 10, 2014

Getting Grout Done


Grouting is absolutely a two person job. David asked me if I had even grouted before well of course the answer was yes. I have grouted at least 2 or 3 mosaic art projects. This was a little different. My job was to keep the sponges clean while David wiped off the excess grout. 
We mixed up the the grout and let it set for a few minutes


Then went to work applying the grout and smooshing it (technical term) into every crevasse


Then I hand David a clean wet sponge to clean off the excess


My second job was to clean up anything that fell onto the floor 


The grout corrects any uneven or crooked tiles. Everything looks perfect!

The last step of the process is to build a mantle. Not really sure how to do this step. Youtube and google will help us figure it out. Like most projects we figure out about 75% and then wing it the rest of the way. I will be posting final mantle pics very soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog