Friday, August 16, 2013

Painting in Progress


My great and wonderful husband let me pick all the colors for the house. Of course I avoided all yellows because it reminds him of urine... I instead chose my favorite color combination (as many of you may have guessed from our wedding) gray and greens. I also love soft whites and taupes. I love colorful things but when it comes to the walls in my house I wanted everything to feel soft and warm. I went to our friendly Ace Hardware store where Shea helped me pick out the whole color scheme. I did it all on my own without the help of a friend. So surprising since I can barely shop on my own without a second opinion. Painting is of course not everyone's favorite and we have been so lucky to have some painting help from our families! Thanks everyone!

Ace has the Ben Moore colors but since BM ($55-$65) is way too pricey we used Clark and Kensington (only about $25-$35 a gallon)

Ceilings: Swiss Coffee

 
 Entry and down stairs hallway: Cement Gray







 For the Master Bedroom: Silver Fox 



Second Bedroom: Heather Gray 
 
Living Room and Kitchen: Stormy Monday 

Trim, Doors, and Kitchen Cabinets: Bavarian Creme



 
*this is not our place :)

Here are some of the results (I love the outcome and so does David)



The Calandra Clan (Mom, Ashley, and Trish) painted the whole upstairs in one night!
Mom is an expert at edges
Ashley Painted the whole ceiling!
Trish Painted the Bathroom...I love the color










No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog